The Culdee Arts Reel Entertainment (CARE) Awards provide an opportunity for artists globally to be recognized for their outstanding achievements in film, screenwriting, and Music.
Our exciting events run as two seasonal awards competitions with live screenings!
Spring Awards (January – April)
Fall Awards (Aug – November)
The entry deadline for our next selection is April 22nd and the winners will be publicly announced at and after our regional event on May 18, 2019.
Winners will receive a full color certificate, as well as multiple postings placed on Social Media announcing their award. (Winners have the option of ordering a trophy for themselves for a fee.) Script Contest winners receive a CASH PRIZE !
In addition to the live screenings in the Spring, we will choose our favorite films from entire year to be screened at a special film event and conference to be held in December at the Historic Blennerhassett Hotel in Parkersburg, West Virginia. The audience will choose their favorite, and a prestigious CARE Trophy will be awarded. This year, we are partnering with 3-L Media and Events to make the CARE Awards even more amazing with multiple speakers, workshops, and special activities and, as always, admission to these events is free!
Enter the CARE Awards only through FilmFreeway:
GENERAL PRIZE CATEGORIES Include:
Ultra Low budget
18 and Under
SPECIAL ADDITIONAL AWARD Categories
(YOU MUST ENTER A GENERAL CATEGORY TO QUALIFY TO ENTER A SPECIAL ADDITIONAL AWARD CATEGORY):
Women in Film
Best Original Score
Best First Time Director
Child/Young Actor Under 18
Child/Young Actress Under 18
We also have a Best Trailer category and TWO SCRIPT CATEGORIES (with cash Prizes)!
Script Contest - Shorts
Unproduced Screenplays under 30 pages $75 prize
Script Contest - Features
Unproduced Feature screenplays over 30 pages. $150 prize
Doc Benson and Jamie Lee Smith
Co Directors of the CARE Awards
FALL 2018 WINNERS
Best Actor....... R. Louis Smith : Tender Vow
Best Actress... Meggie Jenny : A Season of Change
Best Ensemble Cast.........There’s Always One
Best Animation...........Lost and Found
Best Director.........Lillian Glass : Reinventing Rosalee
Best First Time Director.........Opender Chanana : Living on the Edge – Deglamorizing Bollywood
Women in Film Award........Lauren Unger : Claire’s Day
Best Trailer...........Saving You, Saving Me
Best Original Pilot.........The Wicked Imagination of a Teenage Kid
Best Original Score..........Tomislavov Dnevnik
Best Music Video........Waiting Tables
Best Sound Design...........Auxillum
Best Comedy Feature............There’s Always One
Best Comedy Short.........Can I Get a Refund?
Best Documentary Feature...........Journey to Hope
Best Documentary Short.........Ridin’, Ropin’, & Jumpin’ over Cars
Best Mockumentary..........Surviving the Notch III
Best Dramatic Feature........The Perception
Best Dramatic Short........Halcyon Days
Best Redemptive Feature.........The One Who Holds Sovereignty Over Everything
Best Redemptive Short...........Waiting for You
Best Sci Fi Short...........GAB
Best Ultra Low Budget.......... A Season of Change
Best Thriller Short..........Beyond Darkness
Audience Choice Award.........Detective Dover
Grand Jury Award...........Curing the Incurable?
Director’s Choice Award..........Surviving the Notch III
Feature Script Award..........Crosshairs on Angels by Alan Maki
Short Script Award..........Open Mike by Timothy Buck
The names of All Official Selections will be presented by CARE through our web and social media presence to potentially millions of viewers. Selected Winners will have the option of having their films or trailers screened on our online platform for one week. A live screening event will also be held.
CONTESTANTS MUST ENTER ONE OF THE GENERAL CATEGORIES IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR ANY OF THE "SPECIAL ADDITIONAL AWARDS" CATEGORIES. The only exception, of course, is submissions to the Script competitions. For example, you cannot just enter the Best Director category and not enter a general film category.
CARE staff and jurors will choose the award winners from Official Selections.
1. Films must have been completed on or after Jan 1, 2016.
2. We accept films from all regions. Non-English films must have English subtitles.
3. Works-in-progress will not be considered.
4. We accept films shot in any format, however, submissions must be provided via online screener of HD quality 720p or higher.
5. Only online submissions are accepted.
6. Entry Fees are nonrefundable. Entries that are considered by the judges or CARE Officials to be pornographic or contain gratuitous nudity will be disqualified without refund.
7. Entries will not be considered without a paid Entry Fee. YOU MUST ENTER A GENERAL CATEGORY TO QUALIFY TO ENTER A SPECIAL ADDITIONAL AWARD CATEGORY.
8. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us still images and press kit, if available.
9. All films chosen as Award Winners will have the option to grant CARE the non-exclusive right to screen the film or a trailer online for one week without any form compensation beyond the publicity and recognition that that Selection provides.
10. All films chosen as Official Selections will grant CARE the rights to use clips/trailer for promotional purposes.
11. CARE reserves the right not to award any or all of these awards if we do not receive sufficient submissions or submissions with sufficient storytelling or production merit. CARE also reserves the right to change categories of entries if it is felt that the submission was placed in the wrong category or the submission is worthy of additional recognition.
12. International winners will receive an electronic copy of their certificate, unless the winner chooses to cover the cost of international mailing fees.
13. Selected winners will be screened at a live event, with preference given to films which will have representation present at the event.
Terms & Conditions:
-I understand and accept the Submission Requirements as mentioned above, and warrant that I am authorized to commit the film for screening.
-I have signed releases from any people appearing in my film, and have the authority to use any copyrighted materials that appear in my film, including but not limited to music, images or footage. I will indemnify and hold harmless Culdee Arts Initiative, the CARE Awards, and its associated festivals, creators, production companies, funders and assigns, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, defamation or publicity related to the presentation, distribution or promotion of my film.
-I understand that Culdee Arts Initiative, its creators, production companies and associates, are constantly creating and producing films, and may have films in existence or in development for future production that may include ideas, images, themes, stories, treatments, interviewees or characters that appear in my film, or otherwise bear a strong resemblance to my film in some other way. I hereby agree that I am not entitled to any compensation in any form based on any similarities of such film content to my film, whether real or perceived.
-I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understood the foregoing Terms and Conditions, and am competent to execute this agreement.